Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The promoter is: Cornwall Development Company (company no 3668828) Registered Office: Bickford House, South Wheal Crofty, Station Road, Pool, Redruth TR15 3QG
The competition is open to residents of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly aged 18 years or over except employees of Cornwall Development Company and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Cornwall Business Awards.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.cornwallbusinessawards.co.uk/
Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry will be 4th January 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as follows: Use of submitted design entry to be used on awards trophy. Recognition of design on awards website. Two tickets to Cornwall Business Awards 2019.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel from the promoter and representatives of the manufacturer of the award from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner must supply the names of the two-people attending the awards as soon as within 14 days of notification of claiming prize.
- The two people attending the awards must be over the age of 18.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that:
- are automatically generated by computer
- are completed by third parties or in bulk
- are illegible
- have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with and/or incomplete.
- are made on behalf of another person
- Entries that are:
- The Promoter will accept competition entries that are:
- Joint submissions by two or more persons
- made by or on behalf of a partnership or company or other body corporate and/or made by a person in his or her capacity as an employee or officer of another party. The designer and business must be stated on the entry form and will be recognised in winners’ promotions.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date specified in these terms and conditions.
An entry form (in the format specified by the Promoter and made available on the Promoter’s website) must also be completed, signed and submitted by the entrant alongside the design entry.
Signed entries will contain an acknowledgement that the entry is:
(a) exclusively the entrant’s own work and does not comprise or incorporate any copyright or other intellectual property rights owned by any other person;
(b) is not defamatory or immoral; and
(c) does not infringe any third party rights and/or any agreements to which they are a party.
Entries must be submitted as a PDF and should be no larger in total than 10Mb.
Receipt of entries will be acknowledged through a return email and all entry information will be retained by the Promoter.
Neither the Promoter nor any of its employees, agents or representatives will be responsible for the non-receipt and/or non-inclusion of entries in the competition as a result of being lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, or because of technical failures or otherwise, including such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its employees, agents or representatives.
The winner will be required to confirm in writing that they have read, understood, and complied with the terms and conditions of this prize draw, and may be required to provide proof of eligibility (including, but not limited to, proof of identity, and/or proof of residency), as necessary.
The proof of eligibility that will be considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, alter and/or amend the competition at any stage if deemed necessary in its own opinion and entirely at its own discretion, or if any circumstances arise outside of the Promoter’s control.
Competition entries cannot be returned by the Promoter.
One winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by the closing date of 11th January 2019.
The competition entries will be judged by a panel of at least three judges, made up of representatives from the promoter and trophy manufacturer. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
The winning entry may be subject to minor alterations or adjustments by the Promoter or its agents, including, but not limited to, in order to ensure practicality of use.
The winner must be available to meet with the Promoter’s representatives once notified and to supply final approved files by 31st January (or such later date as the Promoter may specify for this purpose).
The Promoter will send the full names of the judges by e-mail to anyone who writes to the Promoter requesting such information within one month of the closing date.
By participating in the competition, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter and its representatives, prize providers and their respective employees, associated agencies and companies, anyone professionally connected with this competition, from any liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any persons negligence) in connection with any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the competition, or to be acting in breach of these terms and conditions and/or in any way that is inconsistent with the spirit of the competition.
Intellectual Property Rights
By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree that, in the event that you are the winner of the competition, you hereby (with effect from the date of submission of your competition entry):
(a) assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights,
in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you are or at any time in the future may be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
The winning entry hereby fully and unreservedly grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, full and unfettered licence to conduct any and all of the following worldwide free of any fee, in perpetuity, and without need for the promoter to credit the entrant and without need for the Promoter to otherwise first seek approval/permission from the entrant or any third party:
- publish, print and distribute the entry in any media, including (but not limited to) any magazine, advertisement, publication, leaflet, document and the like;
- publish and distribute the entry in the form of a web page or digital file on any computer network (including the Internet);
- promote the entry in any manner deemed fit and suitable and in full accordance with the full and unfettered discretion the Promoter.
- destroy, discard or otherwise dispose of all entries and copies thereof in the possession of the Promoter.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.